Packing and Running stations
Isocratic Sanitary Packing & Running system
Pack & Run
A packing system offers controlled packing of the column yet the equipment could also be used to condition the resin and create the performance evaluation data at the packing location.
The system could even be interesting to be used for simple processing steps.
- Accurate shear-less packing pump
- Simple system layout
- Robust intuitive MANUAL process control
- Continuous UV-, pH-, Conductivity-, Pressure- and Flow- reading
- RAW data to be protected from manipulation (21.CFR.11)
- Small footprint
- Low cost!
- ES-Pack PAT20 0-20 l/min
- ES-Pack PAT3 0-3 l/min
The velocity of the pumps is manually regulated but automatically corrected by feed-back of the accurate MAG flow meter. 3 modes of operation:
- Manual (dial) flow setting, regulated by flow rate reading and feed back.
- Manual (dial) flow setting not regulated (in case of air or WFI)
- Purge setting where manual selector valve will allow a short pulse at high or low flowrate (preset to ~80% and ~40% fixed).
|Pump:||Quattroflow 1200||0-20 l/min|
|Quattroflow 150||0-3 l/min|
|Note:||Facilitated pump-head exchange to prevent cross contamination|
|Other pumps will become available|
|Valves:||4x inlet sanitary diaphragm valves pneumatic controlled||Hold pressure 6 BarG|
|4x outlet sanitary diaphragm valves pneumatic controlled||Hold pressure 6 BarG|
|Flow-rate||MAG flow meter <+/- 0.5%|
|Pressure (digital)||-1 to 9 BarG|
|Misc:||Bubble trap with manual vent||Proxcys|
|Selector valve||4-way manual solvent selector valve for "Packing" or "Running"|
|Packing control:||Automated packing termination by pressure limit|
|Data collection:||Digital chart recorder 6 channels continuous monitoring||Endress Hauer|
|Data transfer:||Ethernet, USB, Flash memory card storing weeks of data|
|Power fail protection:||Over pressure detection will halt pump|
|Logic:||Incomplete flowpath will halt pump|
|Column protection:||Optional filter will protect column from residual resin contamination|
|Footprint:||60 x 60cm|
First systems installed early 2011.